Friday, February 29, 2008

Gotcha!

Today was Gotcha Day! We had a great day. I went to the airline counter at the Marriott and bought his lap ticket for the flight home. Then, we switched hotels. We went to the embassy doctor for his final medical report for the embassy appointment and Eli is in perfect condition. We did not have to get his flu shot (a new requirement) because he is not quite 6 months old (how did that happen?) They didn't tell me how tall he is, but he is 16 lbs. He looks really, really good. Then, I went and got his pictures taken for his visa. He will come home as a US citizen and will not have to be naturalized but he has to leave the country with a visa.

Posing with Eli's (and Rosie's) foster mom, Orbelina, her grandson and one of her daughters. They arrived early (like 30 minutes) and I had to hustle to get ready. Ooh. My shirt was baggy and I look super pregnant. Ummm. I'm not. But - a diet plan is not a bad idea....

Me handing Eli back to Orbelina for one last hug.


Sleeping peacefully in his mommy's care. I never have to go through the agony of leaving him for months at a time again. Okay - he can go to college - and that's it! No leaving his mommy!
How precious is this perfect baby?

2 comments:

jajbs said...

Happy Gotcha Day! I know you are feeling SOOOO relieved and totally happy and contnet... you made it through another one and now you can go home and enjoy your two precious babies!!!!

I am stalking hourly for pics!!!!!!!

love ya,
amanda

Leslie said...

Congratulations!

xoxo Leslie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker