Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chain, chain, chain.....of events.....

Okay - so it's been a while since I've posted. So, I have some catching up to do! As you will notice in the title, I have been watching too much American Idol. Scratch that - wishing I could watch more. It took me a week to watch the first two hour episode. Thank goodness for DVR's (love, love, love TIVO.)

Here's what happened in order:

We got ORANGE!!! That - I may have mentioned. But - I wanted to say it again. So - I got to go with little Mr (as I'm calling him) and have his DNA taken. It was a simple swab and we were done.

I stalked the lab AND Fedex AND the embassy. I was at a meeting for work for three days and I can't believe everyone I work with doesn't hate my pre-occupied guts. I kept checking email on my phone. The lab was late by a day or two causing our embassy appointment to be moved back several days. The lady who normally handles it was out because her mother-in-law died. I turned into Momzilla and told the lab I was sorry for her but it wasn't my fault and it sounded like a personal problem and they had a business to run. (I'm even shocked at myself!) They, in turn, wrote me a nasty email telling me they completed my DAUGHTER's DNA as quickly as possible and they did not drop the ball. This infuriated me even more since they are a DNA lab! Ummmm....Eli is a boy. I have never heard of a girl named Eli. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

The embassy was really nice to me and gave me an appointment the day before my paperwork expires and held it for me until my DNA results arrived.

We got PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our appointment is Monday. We are first in line. Thank goodness for the embassy holding the appointment b/c if it would have been one day later my paperwork would have expired and we would probably have a couple of months delay or so.

I'm in Guatemala. I just arrived about an hour ago and should receive little Mr. tomorrow morning!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is "Gotcha Day."

Now - I am officially clearing my slate b/c I have been tagged by the great Amanda. Love her! I am supposed to write 7 things about myself that everyone may not know, things that are interesting, things I deem noteworthy.

Here you go:

1. I hate cold salads. Yep. You know: pasta salad, chicken salad, carrot salad, potato salad. DIS-gusting. And, what's with putting mayonnaise in there? Just eat it on a sandwich, dude. Oh, but FYI for anyone planning to make me a cold salad without mayo - I'm still against it. This hatred does not include the regular leaf lettuce salads - that is a whole other subject which I am also quite particular about.

2. I have a bizarre love for country music. I mean - so much so that I know the majority of country songs. And - if I'm driving through an area (yes, some of where I work is that remote) where I cannot pick up good radio (that also includes XM), I scan the radio and play the "Country Music Game" - a game I made up to pass the long drive (perhaps I should be listening to self-help CD's.) Mostly, I try to sing along with every single song that is country (most are in these particular areas) to see if I know them all, then repeat each time the radio scans. So fun. But - as you all know I love to sing.....

Which brings me to the next weird thing but must be in the same category. I love, love, love Loretta Lynn. I was super little when "Coal Miner's Daughter" came out. I still know most of the words to the movie! And, when I sing karaoke, I usually throw a little "Coal Miner's Daughter" in just as a tribute to Loretta!

3. I live in pajamas. Even in the summer and all day long at my home I wear pajamas (mostly flannel.) The mailman, FedEx, UPS guy, neighbors, trash people, you get the point... have all seen me in my pajamas and I'm so not ashamed. I never, ever wear the ones I slept in or that I'm planning to sleep in because that would be grody. The daily wear pj is a fresh pair at all times. Now that I'm working again, I am obviously a weekend and after work (immediately after work) pajama girl. Oh - and they MUST have fun, cute, silly patterns on them. They can be worn with the pant and tank, with a shirt thrown over, etc. The pj is super stylish.

4. I hate wet socks. That is my biggest pet peeve. Who wants to roam around in a sock after it's been in some water?

5. I am a huge, huge, huge animal lover. But - I will never, ever beat the animal lovin-ness of my friend, Stacie who is queen of the animal lovers. I am a member of the ASPCA. I help support the animal officers you see on the Animal Planet. I also have very strong opinions and I'm on the writing committees for some of the animal protection groups.

I love my dogs. They are so very, very precious to me. It's been me and them for a long time - we've been through a lot together. And, I adore them. I've had Panda since she was 3 1/2 weeks old and Sally since she was around 2. They are both 10 now. And, they've been good sports about this whole baby thing! I also really, really believe in adopting animals. There are so many that need homes and so many more that never get them. So - if you are considering a pet, think about adopting. If you want a specific breed, there are some great breed rescue organizations. Try that first!

6. I am very weird about my laundry. I still spend way too much time doing it (but that does not mean it is always caught up.... I really take my time on these things...hee hee.) I press out all the ruffles, bows, appliques, pull out wrinkles by hand before I hang things up to dry. I also fold my towels, waschloths, etc with all the labels tucked neatly inside and the seems all tucked inside and matched perfectly corner to corner. I also store them all facing the same way - with the band on the outside, folded side in, etc. This probably makes a person think I am super organized. Wrong. It's just a problem I have.

7. When I really love a person or an animal or I'm soothing someone, I call them "Bear." It all started from my little Panda Bear. So, now Sally is Sally Louise (she needed her own middle name) and I also call her Bear. Rosie, Eli.... everyone is Bear. It's sort of like, "Oh, what's wrong, sweet Bear?" or "I love you, Baby Bear."


So, now everyone knows my secrets. I am tagging Dawn and Emily. Nice that I'm tagging women with multiple children. I'm sure they have nothing better to do! : ) Sorry, guys. Love ya'.


1 comment:

jajbs said...

Okay... now I know all the weird things that make you tick! Now... where are the pics of that precious baby boy???????


turn on your Skype... I am going to try to call you... email me and let me know when it is a good time so I don't disturb the prince!

amanda

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker