Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Fashion Show Part 1

I'm not finished posting pics from my visit with Eli. I had a wonderful 3 nights and 4 days with him and I love him so much it hurts. He's such a happy, sweet baby and it really killed me to hand him back to the foster mother. But - I have been here before and I knew I was going home to Rosie (who I missed like crazy.) I am planning another trip very soon (maybe in a month) and will have more information on our case - hopefully.

I took so many clothes because I didn't know what would fit. And, so many people bought really cute things for him, so I wanted them to see him in them. Unfortunately there weren't enough days to get all the clothes in - and most of them were too big (and at the time I wasn't sure when I would be back.) So - on our last day we had a fashion show! You will see some Christmas clothes in this AND our next installment. Eli's Nana (and me) really wanted him to have cute Christmas sleepers. He also really enjoyed his baby gym (also pictured in our fashion show below) and by the end of the trip he was kicking the toys and using his hands to grab them. He wasn't using his hands at all (much like his sister) but learned really quickly (because as I've mentioned, he's a genious.) I left the gym for his foster mom so he can get use out of it - he'll probably outgrow it by the time he gets home. Ooh.... and when I was downstairs having dinner with some other families, they asked me if he was saying, "Mama." I was so excited.... because, well, he was saying, "Mama." Now, it could be because I harrassed him into it (my Dad was horrified when he saw the video of me saying it over and over) or it could be because he was babbling....or it could be because he's a genious. You know what my vote is! Can you tell I think he's perfect?











I should probably also update you all on our status in the process. We are in PGN (see definitions) and because of the new laws that went into effect on the 1st of January, all cases receiving a previo or kick out OR who weren't submitted before January 1 must register with the Central Registry (the new public system for Guatemalan adoptions.) However, the Central Registry does not yet exist. So - these cases could be significantly delayed. A friend of mine received a previo and I could (most do - I did with Rosie) and it really could be devastating. But - you know - I have faith. I was truly led to this adoption - and I know it will work out. So far everything looks really good according to my attorney. Please pray for us - and for all those in process that we will bring home our children soon!!!! We want our babies!!!! : )
Stay tuned for "Fashion Show Part 2"!!

2 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

He is just the cutest little boy -- his face is so adorable! Congrats on PGN, we will be praying for NO KO's and that you can have a quick OUT so that baby boy can come home to his mama and big sister!

Aileen said...

Found your blog on the guatadopt forum. Your baby is adorable! I did the change clothes 19 times in one day thing on our visit trip too! We managed to have our girl wear 21 outfits-plus 8 sleepers-in seven days! We're going back in February as well.
Our blog is www.adoptingariana.blogspot.com if you want to check it out!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker