Monday, January 14, 2008

Fashion Show Part 2







So, here's the hodge podge of clothing I put him in. I made sure to wear my plaid pj's when he wore his Christmas sleeper to match Rosie and I on Christmas day (which I will post soon...) My grandma bought him the grandma shirt (of course.) How neat that my babies will get to know their great-grandma. Rosie's a big fan and I know Eli will be, too.
The last pics were taken around 6am the morning I left. So - don't judge. I was tired - and sad. But - not for long.... I'm going back to see him in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. I finally washed his little clothes today (that's always the hardest part - it feels weird to be washing clothes for a baby who doesn't even live here.) And - I'm reminded of how he smells and feels. How tiny he really is - knowing he'll never be that small again - and I only got a glimpse of it. However, I was fortunate that I could know both him and Rosie before their adoption was even final. Many adoptive parents are not afforded that luxury. And, as heartbreaking as it is (I swore I would never visit another baby without bringing him/her home) - it's so good for the babies. Rosemary definitely knew who I was when they placed her in my arms again. And - that is priceless. For me - and for her - and now Eli.

2 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

he is just so, so cute! i'm so glad you get to go back and see him again, soon! i remember how hard it was to unpack and go thru that suitcase of all the baby stuff!

Kim said...

Eli is so cute! Love all the pictures! Glad I found your blog.
http://www.kandkadopt.blogspot.com

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker