Sunday, December 30, 2007

Our Two Days

The second the plane landed I had this terrible feeling of dread - thinking I really couldn't do this again. I couldn't believe I was putting myself through this process - again. Mothering a baby, loving a baby and then leaving. The night before the foster mom brought Eli to me, I was really having some anxiety about the fact that I was leaving one child at home while I was traipsing around a third world country preparing to ruin Rosemary's life by adopting another baby. Fortunately my good friend Rachel (who is also adopting a second baby and you'll see pictures of her with Eli soon - she surprised me with some when she came down a few weeks ago) warned me about feeling this way. So - I was prepared and decided I needed some sleep - and then I remembered this wasn't my idea in the first place. I did not plan to adopt a second child. When I found out Rosemary's birth mother was pregnant again and was going to make an adoption plan, I kind of freaked out. I wasn't ready. But - you know, that didn't matter. Things fell into place so amazingly well after I prayed about it, I knew this was God's idea. When I prayed for a baby, I asked God to give me a child or children - whatever his plan was for me. So - when I went to bed on Friday night, I went knowing I had made this decision to adopt on faith alone and that's how I was going to get through it. God's idea, not mine. It would all be okay.

And it was....It is okay. If I could have written down everything I wanted in a baby, he is it. He's sweet, cuddly, has a personality that will survive his sister(!), he's beautiful - and he sleeps!!! Yes - that's right. My precious, darling son slept until 9:45am this morning and didn't wake up at all through the night. I kept waking up to make sure he was breathing! But, most of all this feels right. I mean it. I know I'm his mommy. And, more importantly - from the beginning of time, he was meant to be my baby.

Enjoy the picture parade!






3 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

Billie, he sounds like an amazing baby and he is just way, way toooo cute.. i know you'll enjoy every second with him!!

jajbs said...

Believe it or not, I think he looks like your Dad! Something in the eyes.

I know the guilt you were feeling and it does disappear and when you get the 2 of them together forever, you will realize that you made the RIGHT choice and they will LOVE each other beyond comprehension!!!


ENJOY!!!!! You made it through this HELL once and HE will bring you through again!

love ya,
amanda

The Frugal Countess said...

Billie, oh my gosh. My uterus is throbbing! LOL! I cannot believe how delicious and yummy and sweet Eli is! I want another baby!!!!!! Seriously, seeing him I'd do it again in a heartbeat. You are so blessed - beautiful children you have girl. Just beautiful!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker