Monday, December 3, 2007

PA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a really nice surprise when I opened my email and found Pre-Approval. Now our file can move into PGN and should - this week! For the newcomers - I've posted definitions for these crazy terms I keep using over to the side of the page.

Our little Eli's homecoming is getting closer. I'm really starting to miss him even though I haven't seen him. I will admit I've mostly been excited, terrified, worried over how having two babies is going to work out. But - now I'm just wanting to see him and hold him. I think I was really concerned that he wouldn't be coming home, but it does appear that he will - eventually!

And - now for a little political discussion.....
I am not plugging any particular politician here. But - I have never felt more supported by a member of congress than I have recently. As you all know, there has been some negative press concerning Guatemalan adoptions - and I can say I am fortunate to have the best attorney in Guatemala. She truly cares about the children and she is most certainly ethical. Our case is a good, straight forward case. I have children who were placed for adoption by a woman who would love and care for them if she could. She cannot. There was nowhere else for them to go and if the adoptions from Guatemala were suspended, they would be homeless. That is a fact. There are not enough homes for the children in process in Guatemala. There aren't enough homes for the children not in process and the stories are gut wrenching. Therefore, why wouldn't our government support the citizens who are in process of adopting children? Well - the truth is some of our officials do support us. Some - do not. Honestly, I have never been so determined to make my vote count next time.

I emailed my senators and representatives and explained there were other children out there - not just mine who would not have homes - they would be lost in the process. After seeing the list of members of congress who signed the letter to President Berger of Guatemala, I noticed there were a couple of important names from my state - missing. However, there was one name that stood out - who said YES to the children in need of homes. I called her office on Friday and they immediately transferred me to someone to tell my story. I don't know if my PA was due to that phone call - but I can say I saw her signature and she's got my vote from now on. I asked, she heard - and it just makes common sense. How can you say these kids don't need homes?

http://www.ccainstitute.org/BERGER_FINAL.pdf

Anyway - stay tuned as we begin the next phase in our process......... : )

3 comments:

The Frugal Countess said...

Praise the Lord Billy!!! I'm so HAPPY FOR YOU!!! AND ELI TOO!!! This is just AWESOME news - and to think this baby boy might be in and out in 7 weeks?? That would be a very wonderful Valentine's day trip, huh??? xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Steph;

Blessed Mommy said...

YAY!! congrats on your PA~~ getting closer and closer!!

jajbs said...

congrats, girl!!! one step down... closer, closer, closer!


love ya,
amanda

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker