Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Welcome!

What a great way to start this blog. Rosie and I happily announce that we are adding another addition to our family. I find myself going through the same things I went through with Rosie's adoption: the worrying, the anxiety, the pain, the joy, the immense love I feel for this child I have not met. I saw this poem somewhere and thought it was perfect.

Almost every night I go outside and say my prayers and now (yet again) I find myself looking up at the stars, at the moon wondering what my precious baby is doing at that exact moment in time. I feel closer to God when I'm outside and I feel closer to my baby. It's sort of a therapy for me as I long to hold this baby and give him the love I know he desperately deserves. Somehow I feel as I gaze up at the sky for those precious few seconds he knows I'm there loving him, praying for him, wishing for him.

Welcome to our blog originally intended for Rosie and me. So, the title is perfect. Visit as often as you like, feel free to leave comments and follow us as we journey through the adoption of Rosie's biological little brother. We are so happy to have him. Welcome to our family Elias Joseph!

Rosie and Me....and Eli makes three!



Kisses in the Wind
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams,
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where I am... what's taking me so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
--Unknown

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I love it!!! And I am especially partial to the colors of your blog and the picture on top. Can't wait to read more!

xoxo

Ticia said...

Hey Billie! I love that you have done this...now I can keep up with your sweet family from afar! Rosie and Eli are so beautiful, just like their Mommy!! I love you.

Blessed Mommy said...

The blog is GREAT! we are so excited to follow along on your journey to bring your 2nd baby home!!!

jajbs said...

Welcome to blog world!!! It is about time you join us! :)

LOVE the pic of you and Rosie.


call me this weekend.
amanda

Mom 4 Kids said...

Here is a hug to you and Rosie (( )) and we will join you and blow a kiss in the wind for little Eli! Welcome to blog land! :-)

sarahblue said...

It looks wonderful! Let me know if you need anything and tell your mom to call me and I will watch Rosie for her...

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker